Saturday, November 26, 2011

I see you and you matter to me ...





















I really enjoy listening to something inspirational in the morning. I sometimes I put on some up lifting music in my car to set the mood for the day. I even have a few play lists I've created for different kinds of moods...relaxing, inspirational, excitement, joy. Recently I have added listening to retrospectives of past Oprah shows on the XM radio. Each morning there is some inspiring interview with an author or interesting topic to think about. It's amazing how each morning I get a little nugget of information that I can incorporate in to my day.

Last week there were lots of discussions around the power of appreciation and acknowledgement. It inspired me to create in my journal and gave me time to reflect about the role of acknowledgement in my life. It has been powerful to acknowledge others when they make a difference in my life. It has also been really interesting to allow myself to receive acknowledgement...and not brush it off...but really let it in.

It's an amazing practice and journaling has really given me a place to really integrate the experience.