First of all I want to thank you for being there with me every step of the way. Many of you have been with me since I first started teaching many years ago and even though I don't always see you in class I know you pop in to this blog to check things out. I really appreciate that you are still will me and that you are still creating.
I started 2012 with a simple intention..keep doing what's working and look for fun ways to expand my business. What I discovered in 2012 is what works for me to to be gentle with myself, ask for help when I need it and make moments memorable.
I also made time for family, adventures and my creativity...
- I took some time to travel to North Carolina and LA to spend some time with family. We have 2 babies coming and a lovely New Year's Eve Wedding
- Andy and I went camping in Big Basin and Lake Tahoe (my first time to Tahoe) with our good friends Carole and Mike.
- I took a trip to Atlanta with my curly god mother, Jennifer, to check out Natural Hair products at the World Natural Hair Show.
- I made new connections with a group of women in Oakland that provide support and guidance to families all over the world.
- Humming Bird Babies were hatched in a nest on my patio and now I have a hummingbird feeder on my patio to welcome them when they return.
- I took and art class Flora Bowley of Bloom True
- We adopted a little Bichon-Jack Russel-Spaniel mix, Dexter, from the Santa Cruz ASPCA. He is the love of our lives.
- I worked out this year and dropped 17lbs with my awesome trainer Bethany. (Its amazing what a difference accountability makes when you are trying to accomplish a goal!)
- I started Project 52 of creating collage pages once a week for a year, but I lost steam mid-year and dropped the ball. (Not everything in 2012 was rosy :) )
- I submitted one of my journals to Somerset Studios for Publication.
- We had a wonderful turn out at the Vision Board Workshop and the Juicy Soul Retreat
In 2013, I'm setting a new intention. Andy's sister gave me a necklace that will sum up my year.
"DO what you LOVE.and LOVE what you DO". So this year I am expanding into new areas of my creativity and looking for new ideas to bring to my workshops. I am really focusing on what I love and doing more of it and more often. I look forward to sharing the journey with you this year.
Thank you again,