Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekly Sketch Book

A new week...a new journal Sketch Book page.  This week I've started the page in a new way...by adding some color and some left over bits from some decorative labels.  The date stamp is an old stamp I got from my favorite dollar store...Daiso. Its been hanging out in my studio in a dark drawer for years. It's time that it found the light of day and was put to an artistic purpose.    So here we are at the beginning of a new week. Let's see how the week unfolds.

By mid week I had added numbers and some gesso to cover up some smudges that made it hard to read the numbers. I kept removing color and ink and suddenly I saw this little clown face emerging from day 21. So I just went with it. The little bird is from a series of stickers I got earlier this year from a company called Typo.


By week's end we all took a trip to Cayucos, California to listen to the waves of the ocean and get some much needed rest. I added that to this week using cut out letters from one of the brochures I picked up on our trip.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous journaling style you have! So fresh and unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for noticing and sharing! It feels so great to be seen.

      Delete
  2. Love the boldness of this!! fantastic
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn...its funny I never really saw the boldness until you pointed it out. Now I see it...what a gift...thank you!

      Delete

Please leave a commet