Sunday, August 11, 2013

Workshop Planning Retreat








We spent the weekend in Mill Valley, California for our Bi-Annual Planning Retreat at Acqua Hotel. Andrea and I started Planning Retreats several years ago to give us time away to focus on scheduling our workshops for the coming year.  Over the years is morphed into a weekend where we work through ways to balance the needs of our families with our own need to be creative. We also looked at the balance between what students may want to learn and what we feel inspired to share. 
The result ... workshops that inspire us and delight our students.

Over the weekend we take very good care of ourselves... 
  •  I took a nap in the afternoon,
  • I journaled for most of the day and into the night,
  • I use new supplies and old supplies in new ways in my journal
  • We laughed until we cried,
  • I spent time reading an art magazine from cover to cover
  • I forgot my cell phone, so I spent the day  free from distractions
  •  I took lots of photos with my camera.  
  • We visited dollar stores, art studios, thrift shops, and
    antique fairs in search of unique art supplies for our workshops.
  • We spent time wondering in nature and being inspired
    by the beauty of Tiburon, California.
  • We had lunch and dinner in beautiful restaurants
  • We enjoyed food that was really nourishing and delicious.

 Next year we will be continuing with the Juicy Soul Retreats, adding more social events to encourage creativity in community and we will try our hand at an on-line class or two for you folks that are outside of the bay area. 

Stay tuned!