Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Artist Date: Missoni Score!





















It's all over the news this week about the "Missoni Mania" happening at Target. Women are lining up for hours in front of Target stores to get anything created by Missoni.  It was too crazy not to check out, so a decided to make it an artist date and go in search of designer goodies myself.

I braved the stores looking for Missoni. I was not alone...there were others...with carts looking along with me. I felt myself racing them ...then running to what looked like a hand towel. It was a false alarm. I went to another Target and I finally scored...2 barrettes and 2 eye masks.  I love eye masks for traveling (it makes me feel all Hollywood) and the barrettes will look great in my hair. I was so excited when I found them I felt like I won the lottery.It was like a little bit of creative history in my hands.

The whole experience reminded me of my mom fighting off a lady to get me a Cabbage Patch doll for Christmas in the 80's. It didn't matter that I was almost in high school at the time (long past playing with dolls) ..my mom had to get me one of those Cabbage Patch dolls. She scoped out the Toys R Us stores in the area. Made deals with the sales people to call her when they came in. That lady can work it! Today I got a taste of that ... and it was exciting!

I braved the stores, faught off the fashionistas and got the Missoni!