Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day: Meet the Valentines!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Here is a photo of my grandparents, Ralph Valentine and Thelma Loving on thier wedding day in the mid 1900's. My grandmother's family is from Lovingston,Virginia which is in the county that was made famous by ...the TV series "The Waltons". My grandmother loved Valentine's Day and poetry. She would spend hours creating Valentines from lace and bits a colored paper. Her poetry books where so precious, she kept them locked in a desk so my dad and his sister Elizabeth could not get into them when they were kids.
I LOVE Valentine's Day too... for the buzz and excitement and for what it means to my family.
So what ever you plan to do to day...make it special and hug someone extra tight .
Much love
Julie Valentine