Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Journal Pages...Pattern




I love the play with pattern in my journal. 
Sometimes I don't have anything profound to write in my journal. 
No deep insights. 
No words of wisdom. 
No stuff to work out.
Pattern plays the role of letting me express myself.

I remember  working on this page and enjoying playing with the honey comb stamp.
It's a great big stamp on a big square block with rubber stamp patterns on 4 sides.   I loved getting my ink pad really juicy with black ink and stamping over an over on this page and a few other pages in my journal (not shown here)

I also love what happens when you mix white gesso with acrylic paint. It smears in this really cool way and mutes the color making a milky impression. 
 I love that effect. 
I smear alot with my fingers to make room for images or words.

So here is a page in my journal...there are no words just color and pattern.