Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Taking Time at the Ocean



One of the things I love about living in California is the ability to get to the beach in 45 min. This week there was so much going on I felt a strong desire to go to the ocean and just sit. Watching the ocean always clears my head and gets me back to focusing on what really matters in my life. 

So when all my work was done, I loaded up the car with a beach blanket,  my journal, my camera,  water and Little Dexter and off we went to the beach. 

When we arrived it was sunny and absolutely beautiful.
I walked Dexter along the trail and we sat and watched the waves. 
It was breath taking. When it started to get dark, we headed back to the car. 

Half way down the trail we suddenly experienced a sand storm.  I had to walk quickly and most of it with my eyes closed to keep the sand from getting in my eyes. When we finally got to the car we were both covered in a thin layer of sand and salt. 

It was a beautiful adventure!