Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Returning to mixed media on canvas


I'm returning to a canvas this week. 

I started this 24X24 canvas last year with the big idea to combine my style of art with my favorite quotes. I started this particular canvas with a specific quote in mind. I wanted the images and the letters to be beautiful,  clear and crisp.  I worked for a few days trying to figure out the best technique to present what I saw in my minds eye. I just couldn't get things to "click" so I  shelved the canvas for a year,

This weekend I felt inspired again to try to tell the story again.
This time I had a new quote and I decided to let things evolve in the moment.

I've let go of my "vision" for the painting and just stayed in the moment.

 I feel like I'm back in the groove. I'm not sure where this is going yet but I like it.  I'll keep posting photos of the process as I go along.