Monday, September 23, 2013

Art Travel : Puerto Vallarta 2013






I'm still buzzing from the inspiration on my trip to Puerto Vallarta a few weeks ago. I chose not to take my journal supplies with me on this trip and focus more on photography and connecting with my friends.  

There is a "zone"  I go into when I'm creating where I get lost in my creative process.  Its a beautiful thing to experience and I love having the time and space to dive deep into my process.  I love the feeling when everything seems to click, time stands still and I feel an amazing sense of joy.  Its funny, when I actually notice I'm in the zone, I'm usually flipped out of the zone and the process starts again as I make my way back in.

If I'm with other artists they usually understand and honor when I'm in "the Zone" and wait for it to pass before engaging.  This trip was not about me diving deep into my creative process, it was about connection with the group of amazing women on the trip. 

We've known each other for a long time and we had so much to discuss and chat about. We got dressed for nights out sharing jewelry and beauty products. I felt like I was in the college dorms again. I got to express my creativity with make-up and eye shadows.

I also expressed my creativity through photography and photographing every beautiful experience.  I got a huge 32 MB memory card so I wouldn't have to limit myself on my trip. It was the best plan ever! I took photos like a wild woman.  I took photos of everything that made my heart sing.  I loved every moment of the experience. 

I can't wait to go back next year.