Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekly Skech Book



I may be a few weeks behind but I'm still journaling!  This is the week I had a great offsite with my team at work.  We had several days to really get to know each other and share some of our ideas and special talents. It was one of the more relaxing offsites I've had since working with this team a few years ago. It was a welcome treat.  

There were long days at the offsite but I still managed to make time before bed to add a bit of this and that to my journal page. 

  • The background is poster paint and all the stamps are from the $1 bin at Micheal's. (Gotta love a dollar bin!). 
  • The birds are decoupaged from a napkin set I got a Ross a few years back. My numbers this week are from a set a numbers I created for my Juicy Soul Retreat. I had a copy in my scrap bin so I tried to use all the numbers I could find. I ran out on the 21 and the 22...so I just painted them in.  
  • I was also trying to see what would happen if I blacked out around images. I usually do this with gesso to make the image pop, this time I wanted to try black and I really like it. I'm sure to use that in the future.
  • I am a big fan of Jo Malone perfume and I want to remember one of their new fragrances for the Holiday...It may be a gift to myself. 
  • The rest are decorative tapes to section off my page and add interest.

The result is a great week in my journal

By the way...I finally did my nails with gel and they lasted only a few days before they started to peel off. I am so hard on my hands with my art that I almost never get a manicure and thought Gel could hold up and it was a bust.  So off with the polish and on with the art making.